Remember to check the support topic for any additional information regarding this mod
Have you ever wanted to make a transport convoy, or just be able to; cut grass - dry it - rake it - bale it - wrap it - pick it up, with multiple tractors all in one go?
With the 'Follow Me' mod, a vehicle can be told to follow after another vehicle.
How to use it
Before telling about the controls, here's a list of known problems that may occur when you use it:
- The speed of followers may not always be 100% accurate as it could be, with regards to how fast/slow they should drive when following the "trail".
- Some vehicles may start to zig-zag, in the attempt at following the "trail", due to trying to touch every "trail crumb". This is most obvious when reaching a turn at high speeds, and trying to "get back on track".
- Turning on beaconlights, when having set up a circular convoy - i.e. vehicle-A follows vehicle-B follows vehicle-C follows vehicle-A - will make the beaconlights repeatedly turn on and off.
The action-keys, which can be changed in Options - Controls, are defined in two sets:
Myself - For the vehicle the player is driving:
RIGHT CTRL + F = Start/stop following the vehicle in front (if possible).
RIGHT CTRL + H = Pause/resume following.
RIGHT CTRL + W/S = Decrease/increase following distance, in steps of 5.
RIGHT CTRL + A/D = Adjust left/right offset when following, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT CTRL + X = Toggle offset between zero and last value.
press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + X = Invert the offset (left-to-right, right-to-left).
press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Behind - To control the vehicle that is following behind me (if any):
RIGHT SHIFT + F = Stop the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + H = Pause/resume the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + W/S = Decrease/increase the follower's distance to me, in steps of 5.
RIGHT SHIFT + A/D = Adjust the follower's left/right offset, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT SHIFT + X = Toggle the follower's offset between zero and last value.
press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + X = Invert the follower's offset (left-to-right, right-to-left).
press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Note: Each set of action-keys must use the same modifier-key!
Switching it on/off
To follow some vehicle, point your own vehicle towards it and press the start action (RIGHT CTRL + F).
If no "trail crumbs" can be found, or the vehicle already is followed by another, a warning will appear and you will have to either move a little bit further towards/back, or change to follow another vehicle.
It is possible to "pause" driving, and then later "resume" following the leader's trail, using the wait/resume action (RIGHT CTRL + H).
To stop following, press the same action again (RIGHT CTRL + F).
Distance and offset
The follow distance can be set using RIGHT CTRL + W/S, in increments of approximate 5 meters. Positive values are "keep back" distance (up to +250), and negative values are "in front" (up to -50).
Do please note that current there are no traffic-collision-triggerboxes, so vehicles will not be able to detect when/if they collide into the leading vehicle or some other vehicle - so you better set the distance further back.
Left/right offset is set using RIGHT CTRL + A/D, in increments of approximate 0.5 meter.
The offset can be toggled between 'zero' and 'last offset value' (RIGHT CTRL + X), or inverted (press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + X).
If a follower has a turned on round-baler or a bale-wrapper, it will now automatically unload the bale. Please note; primarily only the vanilla Baler/BaleWrapper scripts are supported, so some mod balers may not work as intended.
Problems or bugs?
If you encounter problems or bugs using this mod, please use the support-thread.
- Followers are not able to detect traffic-vehicles, and will therefore collide with them.
- Followers speed is not always 100% accurate.
- Too high speed into a turn, or having a slow steering, will make the follower go zig-zag in an attempt at "getting back on track".
- Follower-vehicles that has no build in traffic-collision-box can (obviously) not detect if they are about to collide with something in front.