1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS17 Mod Support 1947 John Deere Model "A" v4.0

1947 John Deere Model A - 24 hp

1. KaosKnite

KaosKnite Media Staff Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

KaosKnite submitted a new download:

1947 John Deere Model "A" - 1947 John Deere Model A - 24 hp

Read more about this download...

Rejiceman and DBN like this.
  2. KaosKnite

KaosKnite updated 1947 John Deere Model "A" with a new update entry:

Added "Billboard" variation to the emissiveLightsShader for 3D coronas

Read the rest of this update entry...

Rejiceman likes this.
  3. Graydust

Graydust New Member

Thank you for this Mod. My Father in law had this Model A on his farm. I have a problem with it. It down loads ok but the tractor body is all white. Everything else is great. Can you tell what is the problem? I run FS on a 1 1/2 year old Mac. It has a 27 inch screen and looks great with FS. I use Mods all the time and this is the only one that has this problem. I have had a problem sometimes. Some times they just don't work. Maybe the Mac doesn't read some thing right. When I used it on FS15 I just called it the Farm White Elephant. Can you help? Thanks Rich

ShermyPermy likes this.
  4. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Can you please upload a copy of your game log, and an uploaded screen shot will also let us see what we are dealing with

ShermyPermy likes this.
  5. rubberburner89

rubberburner89 New Member

First I wanna say great mod. I tip my hat to anyone who creates mods from scratch. However I did notice the same problem Elijah mentioned over in the reviews. When I turn left, the right wheel comes up, and visa versa. It's actually pretty bad. I've tried the Farmall 300 and it doesn't do it at all so something is a little messed up there. This happens with or without a piece of equipment attached on the back.

6. Enzosnext

Ok as we stated beforehand we would need to see a copy of your game log as so far we cannot replicate this instance.

7. mereman

mereman Active Member PC-SG.uk Staff

I can confirm the lifting of the inside wheel. I tested with no mods except the JD in the mods folder. I have got over it by putting the engine RPM back to the FS15 value of 800rpm. This gives a top speed of 9mph against 16mph standard. I tried it at 1000rpm which gave a speed of 11mph but the wheel started to lift. Might try 900rpm but for what I want 9mph will be quick enough;)

8. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

you guys are correct, the center of mass of the tractor is too low.
    you can replace the "mass line" (168) with this line to hotfix it:
    Code:
            <component1 centerOfMass="0 0.6 0.15" solverIterationCount="40" />

I will hereby ask @KaosKnite to update the mod soon, so people without modding knowledge can also enjoy it.

Dirtracer00 and mereman like this.
  9. mereman

Thanks dj you're a hero;)

Dirtracer00 likes this.
  10. KaosKnite

I have updated this mod to version 3 with the hot fix mentioned and should be available as soon as it's approved.

dj likes this.
  11. mereman

12. KaosKnite

13. KaosKnite

You are welcome. I hope it works ok for you guys.

14. mereman

Working beautifully now and I can push the rpm back up;)

15. michiganfarmboy

michiganfarmboy New Member

About time someone made a true classic John Deere! We have one identical on our farm. Great job!

16. Giffnator124

Giffnator124 New Member

Nice Looking mod, Can't wait to use on my Farm

17. Graydust

Graydust New Member

Thanks for the response. I still have to figure out how to upload a file and find the game log. I also don't know how to do a screen shot and upload it. The sound is great on the tractor and it drives great. I have used it for little projects and it works. Thanks again. Rich

18. Enzosnext

Your "log" is a txt file that is located in the same folder as your mod folder, (just scroll to the bottom and it should be the second one if sorting by name)
    To upload a file (or Pic) to any post just use the "upload a file" taB. It will accept most pic file and xml's so there is no need to copy and paste text's.
    As for taking pic's in game either print screen button should work (or if a steam version normally F10 is used)

19. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson New Member

Thanks for a great tractor! Wish there was a "B" with a widefront around, would be just like the one I used on my Uncles farm back in the late 1950's!

20. but

but New Member

it will not run on my pc
    help!!!!