A short while ago we announced a special countdown timer that was featured on the front page of our forums counting down to a reveal, and today is that day. We are very excited to announce we are launching a new in-game event: ARKaeology!
The event will run beginning today on all platforms until July 15th. As you traverse along the ground on any of the maps (the Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Aberration or Scorched Earth) you will come across fossil mounds which you are able to excavate. Inside the mounds, you'll find a few bones and if you're lucky you'll even find extra loot inside of one (signified by a special particle effect)! After you collect enough bones you’ll be able to craft several skins with the use of a Cooking Pot.
There are four brand new skins to collect:
Brachiosaurus (Brontosaurus Costume)
Stygimoloch (Pachycephalosaurus Costume)
Styracosaurus (Triceratops Costume)
Dilophosaurus Mask (Hat Skin)
There are returning skins, the skeleton bone dino costumes:
The ARKaeology event also brings with it a bionic battle beast - the Tek Rex - for survivors to tame, ride and breed!
- Rex Bone Costume
- Carno Bone Costume
- Raptor Bone Costume
- Bronto Bone Costume
- Stego Bone Costume
- Trike Bone Costume
- Giganotosaurus Bone Costume
- Quetzalcoatlus Bone Costume
- Jerboa Bone Costume
- Wyvern Bone Costume
The Tek Rex is, as the name implies, a rare, specially armored wild T-Rex that can achieve a higher level than its standard brethren. Previously isolated to just a cosmetic skin, these wild creatures will be roaming the ARKs (on maps where normal Rexes are present) and are yours for the taming, if you can handle it!
ARK'S BIGGEST SALE!
ARK and its expansion packs are currently on sale across all platforms at their lowest prices ever! Check out the image and links below for more details!
Patch Notes for Current Version: v280.114
Scavenge fossils from the various mounds that spawn on every map, be on the lookout for special mounds that contain items and use fossils to craft special skins!
- Brachiosaurus (Brontosaurus Skin)
- Stygimoloch (Pachycephalosaurus Skin)
- Styracosaurus (Triceratops Skin)
- Dilophosaurus Mask (Hat Skin)
- The threshold for being knocked out increases with fortitude increases
- Increased natural insulation from fortitude by 8%
Small Tribe Server rule changes
- 1 hr cooldown on tribe slot reuse
- Disabled dino unclaiming
- Disabled non-tribe pin code access to structures
- 5% of wild Rex spawns are tex
- 20% higher wild level
- New breeding line
- Tek Tapajara saddle range reduced by 75%
- Fix for server performance in certain situations
- Many hole fixes across all maps
- Ragnarok optimizations
- Rendering fixes
- Fix emissive when moving the camera
- Fix for ambient occlusion rendering issue
Be on the lookout for hidden mysteries!