1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cosgrove Farm (or something like that) (WIP)

Discussion in 'Maps and Map Objects' started by BigJohnnyD, Dec 25, 2016.

1. BigJohnnyD

BigJohnnyD Member

Oh blimey what am I doing? I've tried this so many times before and failed but being here at MC I feel like I will get the support I need to finish it this time.

Where to start, well Cosgrove farm is purely fictional and comes from my imagination. I'm hoping I can incorporate some suggestion of the small village I lived in when I was much much younger but I don't want to replicate the area as I've tried that already and failed badly!

My plan is to make this map suitable for small/old/classic equipment so the fields will be smaller and irregular shaped, I'm hoping I can incorporate all of the animals as well as the obvious stuff like the BGA, Woodyard etc. etc. I'm not sure if I want to or will be capable of adding the train system but I will try to add as much as I can or what "feels right" for the overall look and feel I want to achieve.

Well here's what I've managed to achieve in a couple of hours on Christmas morning (after the pressie opening, cigar smoking, coffee drinking etc. etc. had finished! Lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oops, I forgot these two as well. The start of the farm yard but they're really just "place holders" until I can find more suitable buildings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone can point me in the right direction for suitable buildings etc. I would be eternally grateful.

John.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Toranion, Dirtracer00 and mereman like this.
  3. mereman

mereman Active Member PC-SG.uk Staff

I would be very interested in a small equipment farm. So I will wish you luck.
    I wonder if something like the grain storage sheds on mod hub might fit.

BigJohnnyD and Dirtracer00 like this.
  4. BigJohnnyD

BigJohnnyD Member

I need some advice please,
    I've downloaded and installed the storage shed mod from Giants modhub but having a look at it I'm wondering if the tip collision is a bit wide? As you can see from the photo it is taking up a lot of the available space and I imagine it will look weird in game as the crops will be standing away from the walls of the shed.

I've tried to re-scale it and it works fine at 0.5 or 50% on the Z axis but before I did it for real I wanted to know if there was a reason why it was so far from the walls to start with?

[​IMG]

Any advice would be gratefully received.

J.

Toranion likes this.
  5. wonko

wonko Member PC-SG.uk Staff

Quickest way is to test it in game.

Toranion and BigJohnnyD like this.
  6. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

The collisions have to be wide to allow for the size of the heaps. If you check any of the available mods from ModHub they are all similar sizes, and even the in gamed bunker silos walls have collisions that are bigger that what I was expecting at launch of the game

7. BigJohnnyD

BigJohnnyD Member

Thank you so much for the quick replies guys. I leave them alone then and carry on.
    I knew I was in the right place to get the help I needed and the best thing is, not one sarcastic reply for asking "silly" questions.

John.

8. Carl

Carl Site Fiddler Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

There is no such thing as a silly question when it comes to asking for advise. (apart from the obvious ones)

That's one of the reasons we set this forum up so new modders (and even the old ones) can ask for help without getting shot down because some upstuck ****wobble who thinks he knows everything thought it was a silly question. :D

Farmerbernie, wonko, dj and 1 other person like this.
  9. ShermyPermy

ShermyPermy Leather Sniffer Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

In the whole world there is 1 stupid question.
    That is the one that you didnt ask.