Calling all harvest enthusiasts! With today’s Combine Update v0.2.0.0 we have reached another milestone!
Today you get three new fruit types (wheat, barley and rye) that you can sow with the new seeding unit for the Hammer CornKing. For the harvest you have a Claas Tucano 570 at your disposal, together with the compatible Vario 930 cutterbar and a trailer. You can transport the crops with the Joskin Delta-Cap 5025/12DR100 and sell it at the harbor.
On the technical side we have considerably adjusted the AI to the new maneuvers and procedures of threshing.
For the loading and unloading system - in the combine harvester as well as in the trailer - we have developed two new systems: mesh morphing for the fill volume and goo particles for the offloading via the combine discharge pipe. They don’t just look far better but are also considerably more performant. We are planning to implement these techniques in other vehicles as well in the future.
The autopilot can now drive to the destination autonomously, this function can be activated in the gameplay options. It is now also possible to delete manually set waypoints.
With this update you’ll be able to assign yourself when creating a new task, e.g. cultivating a field. An automatic quest will then guide you through the task step by step.
We also have improved several aspects of the performance. Numerous LOD settings have been reworked and the entire render performance has been optimized.
In addition the physics have been enhanced, newly bought vehicles are going into sleep mode faster when they are not needed. We were also able to integrate drawbar trailer physics and their connections in the cutterbar transport trailer.
The update also contains numerous fixes for bugs which you have reported - the moderators have also recently begun to compile a Top 10 list of bugs, which they filter out of your feedback in the forum.
The next big milestone will be the grassland update which will introduce several new challenges like new machines types, windrowing, worker adjustments and much more. Until then, we’ll continue improving all areas of the game and listening to your feedback.
A small tipp regarding the crops: if you want to change the display of the grains on the fields, try experimenting a little in the graphics options. For example, set the “Vegetation fading start distance” to 100 and “Vegetation density” to 1 and try pushing the “Vegetation render distance” to its limits.
All other changes, bug fixes and news you can look up in our changelog as always.
We hope you have fun testing and wish you a successful crop season and a great weekend!
Your team from MBB
- NEW: Claas Tucano 570
- NEW: Claas Vario 930
- NEW: Claas cutterbar transport trailer 521 (small)
- NEW: Joskin Delta-Cap 5025/12DR100
- NEW: Hammer CornKing seeding unit
- NEW: Machine hall and crop storage building
- NEW: New fruit types barley, wheat and rye
- NEW: Missions for grain cultivation and harvest
- NEW: Animation of morph meshes for filling and unloading of fill volumes
- NEW: You can now specify, which seeding material or fertilizer the employee should use for a cultivation task
- NEW: You can now create a task and add yourself as driver - a mission is automatically created in the process
- NEW: The steering has been partitioned. You can now assign a key for different situations, e.g. the control of the player character and a vehicle
- NEW: When assigning input axles, they are indicated with + or -
- NEW: After the worker has finished his task, he detaches the implements and places them on the farmyard
- BUG FIX: The player character now executes correct animations when an analogue controller is connected
- BUG FIX: The financial status should now be displayed correctly when loading a save game
- BUG FIX: All elements of the MiniMap should co-rotate when the map rotates
- BUG FIX: When creating a task, the worker now attaches the trailer that has been assigned to him, even if he had another trailer attached before
- BUG FIX: Deleting a task now also works when an animal transport is active
- BUG FIX: The door of the cowshed has a collision again
- BUG FIX: The rollers of the Köckerling Rebell should now be displayed correctly and not float in a wrong position
- BUG FIX: The worker shouldn’t leave out spots when plowing the fields
- BUG FIX: The hydraulics cylinder of the Bressel und Lade doesn’t pierce through the guide jacket any more
- BUG FIX: The display “Farm + 500” in the shop menu isn’t displayed twice any more
- BUG FIX: Field #49 is now at the correct position
- BUG FIX: The mission “More Bulls!” should work again when you have 40 animals
- BUG FIX: The bug where maize plants were fully grown after the second seeding of a field and subsequent loading of a save game, has been fixed
- BUG FIX: The field entry of field #49 is now at the right position
- BUG FIX: A crash in the feeding task ‘Feed 'em to grow 'em’ has been fixed
- BUG FIX: The worker now maneuvers better at the silo unloading stations at the harbor
- CHANGE: The upper link of the CornKing has been extended
- CHANGE: Elements like book widgets in the UI aren’t cut off any longer when they are skaled
- CHANGE: The height of some pedestrians has been adjusted
- CHANGE: In the UserActions box, a little “L” and “R” for left and right are now being displayed for the exterior mirrors and the door windows
- CHANGE: When implements are spawned back via task, a detach UserAction is being sent
- CHANGE: The MiniMap now rotates with the tractor by default
- CHANGE: The drag and drop button is only displayed when you are hovering over the corresponding area with the mouse
- CHANGE: The load and unload window has been improved. In the crop storage building on the farm you can now define, in which bunker the crops are stored and if you want to load or unload the trailer
- CHANGE: An autopilot waypoint can now be removed by right clicking on the Minimap and is also cleared when the destination has been reached
- CHANGE: There was the problem that the workers stalled the engine when there was an incline on a field. We have defined a limited gearshift for the work in the tractors, the workers and cruise control shouldn’t try to plow in 7th gear any longer
- CHANGE: A background has been added to the map in the planning menu and to the MiniMap