1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ETS2 Discussion Topic

Discussion in 'Euro Truck Simulator 2' started by Enzosnext, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Please use this thread to have an open discussion about this title

2. Phil davies

Phil davies New Member

Yes, I'll buy that for sure. ATS is a bit of a disappointment for me after 1000 hours in ETS 2 with all the best mods. Once Promods have worked round France DLC, it will be even better!

3. Farming Legend

Farming Legend Active Member

i have to say this is a dlc i will be getting, from seeing other pictures i love how they have built it and put so much effort into it.

Phil davies and Simul8 like this.
  4. I always think of one thing when I hear ETS2 and France..... Did they add more tollbooths??? ;)

Dafydd likes this.
  5. Enzosnext

Try driving through France in real life dude, that's what I call annoying and being penniless in the process

Sgt_Ernie and bipolarprophet like this.
  6. Phil davies

Phil davies New Member

Latest Beta has broke Map and truck mods...again.
    Promods will be a while but fixed for when game version goes public.
    MHA pro ETS2 is fixed for the beta version 1.24, but not public yet.

bipolarprophet likes this.
  7. Yep. These latest updates have completely changed the way mods are made now and will cause havok with any that you have. I am considering starting a new profile on Promods when the stable release comes out.

8. Phil davies

Phil davies New Member

With updates every 4 weeks or so, it may not be the best option, although tempting. I recently updated all my mods as I had not played since Feb 10th. All loaded okay, but of course this will be no good when the latest beta goes live.
    This is going to continue while ever there is money to be made. I'm sure France dlc will require more updates. As long as all mods are updated and the load order is correct there should be no problem with your profile.

9. My issue is that I have played on the TSM map pretty much forever and they seem to be in no hurry to make a version compatible with the last 2 patches. Also I have many tuning packs with wheels and tires that are no longer compatible and the chances of those being updated are slim. It is sad to think about losing a profile that I have had for over 2 years.....

10. Enzosnext

Easy answer BP start a new one but keep the old one too that way once they update fingers crossed all is good

11. Phil davies

Phil davies New Member

I see now.
    It's still possible though. If you run the game on steam, force it to the last version that worked. Sell any garages that are in non vanilla towns and re buy in vanilla towns. Sell all accessories from outdated mods and save. Remove all outdated mods and update the game.
    Your save should load no problem, although the log will still have warnings about towns no longer in the map. It won't matter and if TSM gets updated, they will go away in the end. You can easily set your money to the right amount by editing the "def" and setting garage prices to what you need then set it back.
    You probably know all this, but it might help someone. :)

bipolarprophet and Dirtracer00 like this.
  12. I have been fortunate in the past to be able to do that and I have been running 2 patches back for quite a while. Problem is my tuning packs and my "show truck". They have become the image of my company so to speak so losing any of them would ruin that IMO. So I've just made the drastic choice to dump all of my mods and go pure vanilla. I do not have the time nor the will to hunt and fix and all of that every time SCS releases an update. It was a heart breaking choice but in the end one that had to be made for my sanity :) The good news is I get to start ALL over again and remember how much fun this sim really is :)

Phil davies likes this.
  13. Phil davies

Phil davies New Member

You could always stick to just:
    Promods + Russia map
    Jazzycats Trailers and cargo pack
    Jazzycats AI traffic pack.

It would be a vast improvement over vanilla and easy to keep updated. If you opt out of the beta's on Steam, these mods are always updated on ets2.lt/en/ and Promods site.

14. Rondo

Rondo Member

i don't get it;(,game is updated but still have a "sliding" truck that can't hold the corners when pulling up if a heavy load is to be pulled. the truck is set for heavy load but still it doing the "sliding".;(

15. Enzosnext

Sounds like a mod is interfering there

16. Rondo

Rondo Member

possibly ,rise the ? witch one...