Open Beta of Euro Truck Simulator 2 Update 1.30 is ready for you to try!
How come we have skipped a version number? As both our flagship truck sims were getting ready for a major DLC release relatively short time apart, we had to run two parallel testing tracks. Code and data "freeze" for ETS2 happened several weeks after ATS was already "forked" for the release of its 1.29 update. As a result, Euro Truck Simulator 2 will be skipping a version number, while American Truck Simulator will catch up to the same 1.30 codebase version shortly after the update of its older brother.
Anyway, ETS2 Update 1.30 is bringing plenty of new, cool, and, of course, free stuff that we'd like to discuss...
We refreshed the old part of Italy which is already present in the base game to make it fit better with the quality of the upcoming Italia DLC. Consider it a sneak-peek into what it is going to be like.
- Map improvements - city of Milano was completely remade, the whole northern part of Italy improved
New navigation code has been introduced in American Truck Simulator already and it is a huge change that required major programming effort and ended up being a large improvement over the old one. The navigation is now capable of sending the driver back along the same stretch of the road if need be, which may seem trivial, but it actually required a total redesign of the underlying data structures. We are looking forward to your feedback on this.
- Overhaul of navigation algorithms
ETS2 now also supports time zones, which is going to be handy for further growth of the map. For now, this change will be affecting the UK only, since other ETS2 countries are in the same time zones.
- Time zones support
- ZF-16 transmission supporting upcoming DLC for all trucks that missed similar one
- Map fitted to correct projection (more exact environment behavior), map panning option
- Multi-torque engines support (used in DAF engines 2017)
- Basic engine and transmission info in quick job truck tooltip
- Trailers with country restrictions are towed only to services in given countries
- Further polish to DAF, Volvo, and SCANIA trucks
- Tons of map tweaks and fixes in the base map and older map DLCs
- New luxury yacht cargo
TOOLS / MOD ACCESS
- New interactive tool for environmental lighting and weather setting (included in the editor)
- New interactive tool for traffic behavior and rules debugging (included in the editor)
- New scene preview tool (included in the editor)
- New navigation parameters in map data
- Assistance service parameters in economy data
- Truck scale weight costs in economic data
We are ready for the open beta and looking forward to your feedback! Positive or negative, send it our way, as we are striving to improve the game as much as we can. Your help and participation in Open Betas is highly appreciated.
During open betas, we are operating a dedicated alternate site for World of Trucks, which is used to safely test all new features. Please visit World of Trucks Open Beta web for more information. Also, check our modding wiki to get details pertaining to mods for the game.
If you wish to take part in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.30 public beta. No password required.
Just as with the previous Open Beta releases - please keep in mind that this is still only a beta version of the update! You may experience instability and/or bugs and kinks. It’s completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you are interested in providing feedback at this stage, be sure to let us know about your findings on our forum; you can join the general discussion here, and report any bugs here. We appreciate all your feedback.
Oh right, I would almost forget:
New Generation S and R Scania trucks are a part of this update!
With almost two man-years invested in building the new vehicle models and implementing them into the game since the start of the year, this is our most detailed truck ever created.
Just as the reworked northern Italy, the new Scania will be released absolutely for free.
Enjoy your Open Beta and be sure to check our forums if you are having any trouble and need to report anything. Preferably, test the game both without and with your MODs, to see how the "vanilla" version behaves, as well as any interaction with the modifications you are used to using. Make a backup of your player profile to make sure you can go back in case that you do not find 1.30 ready for you yet!