Let us invite you to a join another World of Trucks event!
As you have no doubt noticed, with Update 1.32 we have started working on upgrading the territory of Germany in Euro Truck Simulator 2. We'd like to bring the community's attention to this ongoing work with the help of this event, and maybe get the right kind of inspiration for another major round of map improvements that we want to start working on right after we are finished with Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC.
Reworking Germany is no easy task! It's the core region of the ETS2 game world through which many deliveries are taking place, and we want to make sure that the results are solid. Now, at least in a sort of virtual way, you can help us, too!
So far, we have re-touched the northern part of the country, and we cordially invite you now to re-visit it with the event deliveries. But many more roads are to be rebuilt from scratch, there are new intersections coming, so many cities are waiting for a facelift and cleanup. This will take a ton of material and technology of all kind, but also various goods and supplies to sustain the hard-working construction crews on their long shifts. Therefore, we would like to ask you to start pumping up the economy of Germany in the game with deliveries to and from the country. Just to be clear, a successful wrap-up of the event doesn't yet trigger a new content drop for Germany. We are working hard on it, and this event may motivate us to work even harder .
The rules of the event:
- This is a community event - there is a personal goal for each participant, and there is also a global shared goal to complete the event.
- To earn your personal reward for participation, your goal is to complete a delivery of 10 cargoes to or from Germany, each starting or ending in different countries in the rest of Europe. The deliveries must be longer than 300 km.
- A total of 50 million tons of material, machinery, goods, food, and supplies must be transported by the community during the event.
- In order to qualify for the community reward, you must complete at least your personal contribution.
- The community reward will be granted once 50 million tons of cargo are delivered.
- You need to be signed up and connected to World of Trucks service for the online jobs to register.
- To verify if you comply with the rule to deliver to/from 10 different countries, you can review your recent deliveries in the World of Truck's LogBook.
For your personal contribution of delivering 10 cargoes, you will receive:
- Brandenburg Gate dashboard mini-replica
- 3 random country pennants, possibly including rare German Pennant
If the community goal is achieved, you will also receive:
- German Shepherd bobblehead dashboard toy
- Golden Stag dashboard statue
- 'Under the Bridge' background for the game's main menu
As you probably remember from the previous events, we are taking advantage of Steam's Inventory infrastructure to "drop" the rewards to you. As a consequence, the individual items can be traded or even sold through Steam. Just remember that if you get rid of a particular Inventory item, you will no longer be able to see it in the game's Upgrade Shop and equip your truck with it.