1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fs17 Mod Ideas

Discussion in 'FS 2017' started by Enzosnext, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

This topic is for mods that you might like to see built if anyone is looking to take up your idea/challenge.

Please Note:
    This does not mean everyone will rush to build this,

I hope this topic will show some light on what you "users" of the game would like.

Include a clear pic if possible and as much info of your idea (like brand and model no's)
  2. Garvin Anbros

Garvin Anbros Member

I don't so much care brand, but really want to see this in game. download.jpg

If it's not in after Christmas, may make this my first ground up mod project. (Errors, here I come).
  3. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

I am looking forward to the manual attacher mod

And I am looking forward to a realterrain mod that uses the wheel/tire shader that is in FS17
    Dwinesk likes this.
  4. NitroUK

NitroUK New Member

I'd definitely like to see a mod manager for FS17
    JeremyBrent, Dirtracer00 and SweClark like this.
  5. SweClark

SweClark New Member

Walnut proccessing.
    This maybe is one crop to implement whit some new mods and machines. Also that you have to plant walnut trees. Look at the video link for some id├ęs.
    Ps! Sorry for my bad english
  6. SweClark

SweClark New Member

Olive processing.
    Plant trees, Harvest and refine the oil
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. PromGames

PromGames Member

Well, I have been testing and unfortunately, there are not good news about symlinkilng system in FS17.

A symlink file is not acepted by fs17 as a correct mod, says descVersion is not correct and the logs appear as rubbishy long claims. We do not know really how much this can affect to the game. For some reason is looking for the physical existance of the file in the mod folder selected.

The change in the system they have had to do to introduce mods in consoles could be the reason why is not working anymore.

We are looking for other possibilities and possible contact with Giants to see where is this descVersion registered or how can we overcome this issue.

The other important thing is the obligatory existence of a mods directory in FS17. The system will create a folder called mods and at the same time will overwrite the game settings defined directory to mods.
    However, it works ok if you have a /mods folder. Then the overwrite with other directory works fine.

If you want to test mod manager in FS17, you can, It works perfectly well for me

Just edit folder settings, drive them to the correspondent FS17 folders and save it. Re-start and you will see it working, but you have to have your main mod repository with other name than /mods/.

The log will create an error of descVersion wrong but everything seems ok.

I expect your experience if any of you have a chance to test it.
  8. NelsonXes

NelsonXes Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

would love to see some more fruits added via mods to the game,

Onions would be a great addition with the new tip everywhere!

as in real life the onions and lifted from underground and dropped in rows to dry out over a few days before they lifted again to be stored or sold. Of course to get the most out of this you would need some machinery modded to get the best effects rather the a generic grimmie scripted to do it

here is some fine examples

maybe even some of the carrot harvesters too

and we always need some proper potato transport

especially the Guardian potato box loader would go great with the grimmie conveyors and other equipment
  9. KaosKnite

KaosKnite Media Staff Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

I think we will need a mod (if it can be done) that will override the game default that dumps any unknown mod brands into the "Lizard" category. For example: I have a Farmall 300 mod that the game says "Warning: 'FARMALL' is an unknown brand! Using Lizard instead!" so now in-game the Farmall becomes a Lizard Farmall. The mod should allow the creation of a new brand category. This is the most annoying feature they changed so far IMHO, but I'm just getting started so I'm sure I'll find more.
  10. Llogeyr

Llogeyr New Member

Hi Guys,
    Just curious. Will anyone be converting your mod of the Krone BigM 500 from FS15 to FS17? Used that thing probably more than one should.

Thank You

Krone BigM 500.jpg
    SweClark likes this.
  11. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

I think there is someone that can help with that dude o_O

Time will tell dude, but sometimes bringing everything from older versions is fine but when would we have time for the newer stuff ;)
    Dirtracer00 likes this.
  12. Llogeyr

Llogeyr New Member

Fair point indeed.
  13. Carl

Carl Site Fiddler Staff Member SOB Modding

@KaosKnite - Speak to Xentro, he has made a script for that now :)
    Dirtracer00 likes this.
  14. KaosKnite

KaosKnite Media Staff Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

Cool Thanks Xentro

That fix would make a good tutorial.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Satis and Dirtracer00 like this.
  15. NowHeresRoy

NowHeresRoy New Member

Would like to see the follow me mod for fs17, it's one of my favorites from 15.
    Farmerbernie likes this.
  16. RedFishBlueFish

RedFishBlueFish New Member

I'm a fan of the dirt and terrain mod, with a little bit of mud mixed in. I also thought some sort mod that turns dirt roads into mud temporarily after the rain would have been pretty cool. I cant imagine what that would involve to make...

I was also thinking of something like where after a while the tires wear out and need to be replaced. Steering and driving get worse as they wear. Perhaps they wear faster on the streets than on dirt... err something like that. Again I'm sure that would be impossible to script, but a neat idea.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  17. Satis

Satis Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding CoursePlay Developer

@RedFishBlueFish Please don't double post. Have merged your posts together.
  18. shadesfarmer69

shadesfarmer69 New Member

some how get a tree removal machine working in farming sim 17...
  19. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

I think we already have plenty of stuff to remove trees in FS17.

Do you still remember the trees around the starting fields in FS2013, and how many people wanted a chainsaw mod? We have the chainsaw and much more to remove trees
    Sgt_Ernie, Disco and SweClark like this.
  20. TLBranch

TLBranch New Member

How about a placeable rail crossing? Something that can be placed to smoothly get over tracks, such as between field 19 and 16 on the Goldcrest map.
    Ian M4850 likes this.