1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Mod Sites

Discussion in 'FS 2017' started by Dustin, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Hey everyone. What are some of the mod sites (besides this one of course) that have good/tested mods for farm sim? I don't want to have to go through the same crap this time around as I did with FS 15. Thanks.

2. Xalizar

Xalizar New Member

The sites besides Modding Central that I have used the most are:

You can find some really top quality mods on any of them. I think FS-UK and American Eagles Modding do a great job of limiting the number of low quality mods that make it to their sites. Modhoster has a broader selection of mods but is not tightly controlled for quality.

3. Decker_MMIV

Decker_MMIV Member Honorable Member Wiki Contributor

I would say the 'usual' ones, those that actually test/verify mods before they are published:
    - ModHub for Farming Simulator - http://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php
    - ModCentral
    - FS-UK

But prepare yourself, that "the latest and greatest" mods will take some time to appear - even if you happen to notice some new mod at the websites which shows everything; bad/crappy/okay/great mods.

Best practice;
    - read the support-topics / comments for the mods - but first after 48-72 hours.
    - if website does not feature support-topic/comment for mod, then you are on a wrong website.

ipjrobson, Dirtracer00, dj and 5 others like this.
  4. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Completely agree, the most important feature of any site is the feedback that everyone can provide or a rating system, and a support topic to help everyone (including the modder themselves) work through any problems found after a release.

I would agree that No1 and No3 in your list do provide testing and offer a support system to help work out any bugs or problems, and I would agree with Decker that ModHub be added to your list as in terms of testing its of the best places to also visit (other then this great site :))
    There are also a number of other sites that I can suggest:
    http://www.pc-sg.uk/ (a partnered site)
    http://marhu.net/ (requires an account),
    https://mod-portal.com/forum/ (in house mod team),

As for ModHoster, they do have some epic modders / teams based on this site but they also allow a lot of complete garbage, and I have no idea what there testing criteria is.
    I have also seen too many times that others have upload an edit of someones work (sometimes very soon after an original mod) and there are no checks done by the site. You can see the model and or scripts used are copy's without permission, or even listing the original modders name and then find that in MP everyone's game locks up.
    But then there are some modders work based on this site that are complete game changers or required mods in my book.
    So I would always suggest the following,
    Check what the modder / uploader has done before, is it an update, what sort of star rating did this receive, and a quick check in the comments received.

But the term mods is what they are, we are adding content to a game by editing, even all the suggested sites cannot be 100% sure that there will not be a fallout or problem in one form or another. We cannot replicate every system setup and mod mix that there ever could be, and please remember we do this all for the fun and in most cases to improve our enjoyment of the game and then choose to offer this out to everyone else for them to enjoy.
    Even Giants will admit they cannot get it right every time.

All I would ever suggest for the future is to follow this pretty easy guide line when dealing with all mods no matter what site they do come from.
    1. Always read the mod description in full, (if the mod description is 3 pages long then there is a reason for this and if cannot be bothered to read, then I would suggest that maybe the mod is not for you),
    2. Always add mods one at a time (just because 15 of your favourite mods all released at the same time, still check one by one for errors warnings in the log),
    3. Even when everything is running smooth, (just a quick look over your game log takes seconds, and if anything found post your full log so they know whats going on in full),
    4. Try not to overload yourself with mods if possible, (as your game progresses and your favourite current mod changes then a separate mod folder or folder based out side of your game folders is very wise idea),
    5. Whatever your feedback is, please provide this for others so long as it's constructive, (saying what your favourite shade off green is reserved for others who shall not be named),
    6. If a modder chooses to upload his mod to an uploaded account doesn't mean it's rubbish, (best way of prevention, is be sure which download tab you click and make sure to use an ad blocker wherever possible and dam good internet security / firewall).
    I hope have not missed any sites, or any suggestions on how to manage this.

Toranion, ipjrobson, Nordvarg and 6 others like this.
  5. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Thanks for all the info. I was a casual player on FS 15, but would like to step it up a little with FS 17 and maybe try recording some. Just want to make sure I'm not going to have crashes all the time.

Sgt_Ernie likes this.
  6. shadesfarmer69

shadesfarmer69 New Member

Defiance likes this.
  7. YK Farmer

YK Farmer New Member

I use this site quite a bit https://ls-portal.eu/ not sure of their rep but they do have comments and are very active. I notice that I am able to find some more of the interesting mods there that are not always on other sites. I haven't had any bad mods malware wise from there. I was using moddesc.com for a while but started having mods that tried to install malware and ads etc.

You can also find some pretty amazing one offs on some Facebook pages, Like Mr Fox's mods

Defiance likes this.
  8. wijba

wijba New Member

I think Website Blocked is a good site too.They have most downloads on their own server, so downloading mods is going very fast.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  9. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Please don't quote that site and lets leave it there

10. wijba

wijba New Member

Ok, is there a problem with it?

11. IrishFarmer93

IrishFarmer93 New Member

The sites I use most often are the official modhub, fs-uk and modhoster, but I also keep an eye on some of the more well known mod teams websites to see what they are currently working on. For example Blacksheep Modding are constantly releasing some top quality mods

12. Dzi4d3k

Dzi4d3k New Member

I think the problem is that:
    As they almost never have permission for such practice and they usually take incentives for downloading from their sites.

mereman likes this.