Happy Holidays, Survivors!
As this year draws to a close, we're going to end off 2017 with a little holiday-themed event! Though smaller than our previous Winter events, we hope Survivors enjoy their holiday time on the ARK. Survivors will experience Santa's Elves inhabiting the ARKs, spreading joy to all those who tame them.
This holiday-themed event brings the following changes to the ARKs (available on the holidayevent branch for dedicated servers):
- One-time Wild Dino respawn
- 5% chance of new wild creatures being Xmas coloured
- 50% chance of white-coloured Dire Bears
- All hat-wearing wild dinos are wearing Santa hats and Megaloceros have been replaced with Reindeer
- 12 AM through to 5 AM provides a temporary buff to live connected players which boosts loot crate quality by 40% (over base values, 15% over LioMagic values), drops more loot, and adds more cosmetics to loot crate drops.
Be sure to send us all your holiday-themed screenshots, videos, and artwork as we'd love to see them!
The event will begin at 12 PM ET on Saturday the 23rd of December and runs until 12 PM ET on Sunday the 1st of January.
ARK Winter Sale!
Happy Holidays Everyone! For those who've yet to experience the joys of ARK, nows your chance to get in as we have a huge host of discounts with the Winter Sale!
ARK will be participating in this year's Steam Winter Sale! It runs from now through the holiday until the 4th of January!
Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Tuesday the 26th of December at 12 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:
2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate
To read the rest of the Community Crunch this week, check out our announcement post on survivetheark![survivetheark.com]
We hope you all have a wonderful holiday and we'll be back at the beginning of the New Year!
Keep on surviving!