1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lagging with a 'modded' mod

Discussion in 'Ingaming' started by Siebel3d, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Siebel3d

Siebel3d New Member

Hey guys

I wonder if anyone here can help me.

I'm new in fs modding, I only make mods for ETS2/ATS, but I play FS in my free time (or to take a time from the college haha).

So, I downloaded a mod (This MAN TGS 6x4) today, and to make it more closer to the trucksthat I see here in my country, I tried to edit the truck and take off the crane.

I opened the Giants Editor, deleted the crane and make the zip file again, and when I tested in game, the game started to lag a lot - like if I was playing with a Intel Atom and 1gb ram.

Anyone know what I should do to fix that?

Thanks for now

Siebel3D

2. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Please post a copy of your game log

3. ShermyPermy

ShermyPermy Leather Sniffer Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

Yes please post a game log from your latest sesion with the lagging mod in the mods folder.
    there is a big chance that you deleted part off the mod that the moddesc/xml or other scripts are looking for and cant find since you deleted some part off it. the game will pop up errors for not finding the correct locations and that can lag a game out big time. (trust me i have "never" done that before) :)

4. Siebel3d

Siebel3d New Member

That is the problem. The Crane that I took off works. So I have to take the script of the crane from the mod?

And the log file, of course. But I'm sure this is te problem.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      431.6 KB
      Views:
    ShermyPermy likes this.
  5. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Yes, if you check out the log yourself you can see that the mod is looking for index's that are not there from the looks of it which is why there are LUA call stack errors.

If you check out the mod's xml's you have to cancel out the bits that you have removed and or the scripts that will operate those bits too

ShermyPermy likes this.
  6. Siebel3d

Siebel3d New Member

It worked! Haha

I started to read the XML file and finally worked. Thanks!

Now i'm starting to study other things, like conversion from FS15 and 3D Conversion into the game.

ShermyPermy likes this.
  7. ShermyPermy

ShermyPermy Leather Sniffer Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

great to hear that you got it to work.

just a small tip from my side.
    dont delete the line off code until you got your mod working the way you want.
    after that delete the line off code.

there is a way to "Comment Out" a line.
    When you use notepad ++ you can select a line or multiple lines at once and then you press control+shift+Q.
    you will get to see something like this <!-- --> inbetween this will be the line off code you dont want the game to read.

what your doing with this trick is turning code that a game can read into a comment normaly used to explain the code to other users off the xml.

I hope you get lucky with your conversions from fs15