1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

map edit

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by redotsociety84, Jan 15, 2017.

1. So i took out some trees, and a few fence's arounda field that was being a bit painful to my worker. i saved it and such and packed it into the zip that is needed ( i think lol) i get this error when i try to load up the mod...
    Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/chris/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/FS17_Fichtelberg/modDesc.xml'.
    Error: Missing descVersion attribute in mod FS17_Fichtelberg.... this is my first time trying to edit a map myself and im pretty well need to this in general. any help will be amazing and as always thanks so much friends!

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      4.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Sounds as if when you zipped up the folder you missed adding the modDesc, if you have only edited some tress then it should be very simple to rezip the folder but to be honest if it is only a SP map then you don't need to rezip the map, as that is only really for MP

3. still shows it in the zip, i opened this up through GE and it unpacked it into the mods folder. from there after the edit i just took it out of the mod folder and re-zipped it. I'm gonna try a redo and make sue i didnt miss click something to cause it to go nuts. thanks for the info ill keep that in mind as most of these edits will be just for me. if i make something new ill share here so you guys can roast me lol

ShermyPermy likes this.
  4. BigJohnnyD

BigJohnnyD Member

By chance did you zip up the folder that held all the files or did you zip up the files inside that folder?
    The first option would result in the errors you describe. For some strange reason Giants engine can read the contents of zip files but not if those files are in a folder!

John.

5. i zipped the whole file. how would i package the map if i wanted to share it then lol

6. masseyharris

masseyharris New Member

You need to zip up the contents of your folder, NOT the folder itself.

Assuming the main folder is called FS17_Fichtelberg, DO NOT highlight that folder and zip it up.
    Open the FS17_Fichtelberg folder, select ALL files inside it (Ctrl-A), then right click on any of them and (making sure they all remain highlighted) select 'add to archive'. Name it 'FS17_Fichtelberg', make sure it says ZIP and not RAR, and click ok.

The new FS17_Fichtelberg.zip file will appear within the FS17_Fichtelberg folder. Take it out and put it in your mods folder and that's it.

Hope it helps :)

Enzosnext likes this.
  7. alright cool ty for the help, there needs to be a guide for this shit lol

8. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

I started making this guide in FS15, but never finished it, you are free to add to it in the wiki pages of this site