1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"MR" and real terrain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jock, Jan 28, 2018.

1. jock

jock New Member

Good morning,
    I am new to this forum so i'd like to introduce myself before i ask a question..
    45 ex-forces now working on a 4,266 acre mixed arable farm in the scottish borders.
    I am using the "mr" mod extensively and due to other peoples comments i've removed 4real ground response from the game for compatibility reasons,so my question is,to your knowledge,a real terrain mod that runs well with more realistic engine/game.
    I would also like to thank the author/creator of the improved rear hitch turning mod...work of art.

2. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

First of welcome to the forum.

I remember when MR first came out for FS11 and then for FS13, some people were complaining about MR not working as it should and at the time with the help of others we discovered it came down to either the mods not setup correctly or it was the maps either not setup correctly (as you had to convert the map into MR) not using the equipment realistically, or the fact that the map was not realistic in the first place.
    Now at present, Modding Central's own server is running MR mod without any problems that you speak of and we have these 2 mods in question.
    But I think with FS17 I think it's more of the same again, and is more to do with the equipment being used, or maps either not realistic or more to often not being worked realistically and working fields that not usable as an arable field for example and in real life would be more suited to animal farming like on the top of a very steep hill.
    I am aware that some do farm on a steep gradients but then they use a realistic sized equipment and normally work across the hill, otherwise all of there surface soil would run down the hill every year.

With MR the best way of playing this game is not to play it like vanilla which is more like an arcade type feel but you have to think is that what I can do in real life.

3. jock

jock New Member

Thank you for your help,I've only been playing fs17 on p.c for 3 months but I enjoy it for what it is.
    My hope is to start modding ,I'll get there (at least that's what British rail said) so you may have to put up with dumb questions now and again.
    Again,thanks.
    W

4. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Anytime dude