1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS15 Mod Support OEB Real Terrain v1.1

Adds the appearance of driving over real ground to all vehicles.

1. Satis

Satis Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding CoursePlay Developer

Satis submitted a new download:

OEB Real Terrain - Adds the appearance of driving over real ground to all vehicles.

Read more about this download...

2. Sabre

Sabre New Member

Does this version of the mod still require the hotfix?

3. ShermyPermy

ShermyPermy Leather Sniffer Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

This version does not need the hotfix.

greets shermy

Jim likes this.
  4. bagOpots

bagOpots New Member

I have added this to mods folder, but what am i suppose to notice in the game, is it the sounds or what ever when driving

5. Carl

Carl Site Fiddler Staff Member SOB Modding

You will see the tractor reacts differently to the terrain its driving on. I.E ploughed fields will make the tractor bounce and roll as if it was driving over "Real Terrain"

6. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

Basically: When driving in FS, you can see the wheels moving up and down.
    The wheels of you vehicles, mainly tractors and trailers will react to the terrain they are driving on, this i best noticable when using a default Giant tractor and drive over plow furrows. The default tractor get "plowing script"
    But this mod will make changes for all terrain, so there is a noticable difference for grass, cultivated, plowed, mainroad, dust road etc

you can watch this video:

7. bagOpots

bagOpots New Member

Wow I do apologies I should have tried it more, its great on a ploughed field I feel a bit sick now all that bumpy ride its better when you inside cab view. love the wheels bouncing on different terrain

8. Chief86

Chief86 New Member

This is an excellent mod I use it constanlty it does not leave my mods folder. Whether your in-cab or external you will get used to the bouncing after awhile.

9. Satis

Satis Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding CoursePlay Developer

Real life bouncing :p

10. Derrick Libby

Derrick Libby New Member

Idk if its the version I'm using but my tractors bounce a lot randomly when sitting still...

11. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

Do you have a trailer attached to that bouncing tractor?
    I have seen this on quite a few mod-tractors, this meant that the springs are not set-up correctly, so the springs keep compensating. this effect is already a bit when you do not have real terrain mod installed, but it increases severely when terrain mod is active. we cannot compensate these wrong spring settings in the real terrain mod.

Satis and Enzosnext like this.
  12. Derrick Libby

Derrick Libby New Member

Thanks and I do have that happen, quite frequently.

13. Dwinesk

Dwinesk New Member

Hey is anyone in SOB Modding working on a FS17 version of this mod? I think the ground response of the suspension of vehicles was much better in FS15 (with this mod included) than the GIANTS version implemented in FS17. Take for instance the bumpy track on Chellington17. If you take the same tractor along that road in both games (15 with this mod and 17 with giants) the difference is painfully clear. Hope the authors do a 17 version. Please do. It is sorely missed and needed.

14. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

At present there are no plans that I know of to implement this or convert to fs17