1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Setting up fieldDimensions

Discussion in 'Map Making' started by pedrochapps, Feb 15, 2017.

1. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

ok have i done this right? looking at cpf i asume its ok to overlap as bb has done.
    [​IMG]

Toranion likes this.
  2. masseyharris

masseyharris New Member

The overlapping is normal, you just need to be sure the edges and corners all line up exactly and there are no gaps in the middle. It's difficult to see but the bottom left corner may not be joining up correctly. You need to check your coordinates so that outer corners of overlapping shapes are in exactly the same spot. Visual is part of the check, but checking the coordinates all match is the most important. As a final check, make sure you don't own the field and then a crop will appear in game, then if you drive round the edge you will see if the edges are all smooth.

It looks good. I must admit I have stuck to much more boring shapes and left the player to plough the fields to the hedges if they want to. I did it mainly so that the helpers might work more reliably, but the downside of course is that it doesn't look nearly as good as fields that fill the areas properly :)

Enzosnext and Toranion like this.
  3. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

i done a test last night on the map with a helper he done fine but he didnt do the headland,

thans for the tips on the corners ill have a look at it and make sure its ok, and go from there :)

4. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

I would agree with Mr MasseyH, be careful not to use cp to test your map as they did do a much better job with the AI then Giants but from what I have heard with v1.4.2 (I have yet to even open V1.4.2 yet) cp maybe our only option at the moment. But you can also test with a plough and a tractor with fields that are not owned. See if you can plough any of the edges without the message of "you don't own this field"

5. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

i was using the plough with giants ai he did pretty good but he didnt do the headland. most likely because the hedges have collisions
    Sprayers and a combine were fine with cp. will be testing another field or two tonight, using Giants ai and see how tehy get on,

Also does it matter if the overlapping is not flush to the map as its kinda hilly around here ? or will that cause some issues ?

Fields in this area are massive so its taking hours to test one Field.

[​IMG]

Toranion likes this.
  6. masseyharris

masseyharris New Member

No, if you mean sometimes the blue rendering is sometimes above the land surface, I don't think it matters. It is just a reference to look at from directly above to check you have covered the area properly.

pedrochapps likes this.
  7. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

Awesome. that will save mountains of work.

8. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

So setting up Grass field not the same ?
    i set my dimensions on this field and painted on the new grass terrain detail layer
    [​IMG]
    and in game i see this
    [​IMG]

how do you do grass fields ?

ShermyPermy likes this.
  9. Enzosnext

Darin Cassell likes this.
  10. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

You miss understood me Enzo. I have the layer for grass to define grass fields on the field. but after setting up the field dimensions when i load the game the field is sown by the owning farmer, that what confuses me. I have it set as grass but ingame its a sownfield

11. Enzosnext

ok if the fields are not owned by a player the game will put what ever crop in what ever growth state it wishes is my understanding of it so that the missions work (I have not tried this yet as there is no map released from me yet), so what I would suggest is making the field owned by player and then try again to see if that fixes it.

I have noticed that others have been setting there fields up with a different name like G1, G2 etc maybe that is way around this

pedrochapps and Toranion like this.
  12. Toranion

Toranion Member

pedrochapps likes this.
  13. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

Thanks Enzo i will try that

Thank you Toranion

Toranion likes this.
  14. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

Sorted out the Field, Add this boolean to the user attributes for the field. this will stop missions when unticked
    [​IMG]
    and we have a nice field :)
    [​IMG]

need to fix that traffic tough :D
    [​IMG]

Dirtracer00, Toranion, dj and 3 others like this.
  15. PromGames

PromGames Member

Then you get a mission working in grass field? Interesting, I was thinking that is not possible to make a mission with grass. At least, I didn't see in any map a mission for grass. Just for standard crops, including potatoes and sugarbeets.

Toranion likes this.
  16. Enzosnext

No, the idea is that you use that selecting in the user attribute for each of the fields that you want to keep as grass fields. This will stop missions when unticked so that the game doesn't override the grass that is painted for any missions which is what FS17 now does with fields that are not owned. This way you still can purchase them as a way to enlarge your field numbers and grow your farm.

17. pedrochapps

pedrochapps Member

Pretty much what Enzo Said :)