1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS15 WIP SOB Birchwood FS15

Discussion in 'SOB Modding' started by Enzosnext, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

Welcome To Birchwood for FS2015

This map is an updated map that we did from FS13, but I have done a massive update to it.

MAP INFORMATION:
    4 Farms - Dairy, Arable, Sheep and Animal mods
    (I may add more add-on animals feedback maybe of help)
    Grass Fields that will all need to be purchased
    Mixed size of small to meduim sized Arable Fields
    Forest's + storage for wood-chips
    New Dealership Locations
    5 Sell Points
    Map Buyable Objects
    RainPlain road system
    Water Mod, Woolpallet collector
    Multifruits to be able to do a crop rotation if you wish to be play realistic
    Soilmod

Map is in an early stage but I'm progressing well as the drive to mod is strong :)

Some images of the map from inside of GE:

Screenshot 2016-06-02 16.09.16.png Screenshot 2016-06-02 16.09.52.png Screenshot 2016-06-02 16.10.06.png Screenshot 2016-06-02 16.10.50.png

Sgt_Ernie, Majorboer, Lewis and 5 others like this.
  2. Nooooooooooooooooooo...... ;) Just kidding my man, I'm sure it will be fantastic. One thing (and I of course have no idea whether this is the case or not) those roads are narrow... No collisions please :)

3. dj

dj Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

Impossible to remove the collisions, leave them on, no cheating here.

I think you should just forget about using the damage mod with FS psychics

bipolarprophet likes this.
  4. NelsonXes

NelsonXes Testing Staff Testing Staff SOB Modding Wiki Contributor

so many fond memories of this map! Cant wait to get my hands on this again, that hill up to the sheep enclosure was a challenge with a full load not so much going up but coming back down with MR running. some of my fondest memories are from the hang ups on the Fences around the dairy farm equipment could do the funniest things when hitting a fence! and the OEB farm team kept hitting them!

bipolarprophet likes this.
  5. I have very limited experience with the Damage Mod (all of it on Norgeholm) where I even turned it down quite a bit. You've sort of made my point about collisions. FS physics are as we all know "other worldly" at times and even careful driving can sometimes end you up in a ditch or wedged against a fence. it isnt realistic to hit the reset button either :) I fully agree that there should be collisions on most things (buildings, trees, things like that) but having a line of no collision hedges or fences along a narrow road provides a bit of "gameplay" balance IMO.

Dirtracer00 likes this.
  6. Farming Legend

Farming Legend Active Member

On the subject of collisions I think it would be nice to have them on for fences and bushes, but as I'm a big course play worker it would be nice for the bushes to be off, as in real life you can kinda go so far into a bush before damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtracer00 likes this.
  7. Enzosnext

Dudes, this is Birchwood, those that know the map from FS13 will already be aware that it was a massive challenge, but I have changed it somewhat, in how this version will be so that courseplay is useable, so that does mean slightly wider roads, but you'll love the tracks that I have planned :).

8. Farming Legend

Farming Legend Active Member

Sounds interesting, i like challenges, I only just remember playing this map in 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Lewis

Lewis Member

Looking good, never played this map in FS13 so will be a totally new map to me :)

10. nick houghton

nick houghton New Member

OMG.
    I signed up on this site yesterday and posted the following thread.
    http://modcentral.co.uk/threads/mod-ideas.429/#post-1514
    Basically begging for those with the skills to get Birchwood on FS15

I love this map. The collisions and narrow roads make it a challenge and the map looks lovely.

Ive waited for this map for years.

THANKYOU.....

Nick

11. Enzosnext

Lol I missed that post, what you see in those pics is where the map currently is, they was not taken weeks ago so it's still a little way off from being ready.

12. Olegit

Olegit New Member

Any chance of putting the mud mod in as well,looking good.

Dafydd and Farming Legend like this.
  13. jordan

jordan New Member

14. nick houghton

nick houghton New Member

how are you getting on... i'm so looking forward to playing this map again.

15. mereman

mereman Active Member PC-SG.uk Staff

Looking forward to this as a OEB now SOB map is always worth waiting for, I'm still playing Old Ridge and enjoying every minute;) Now 422 hours and still plenty to do.

Dirtracer00 likes this.
  16. Enzosnext

We are all glade to hear it, but I have a feeling this is not the news you guys are going to like to hear.

Birchwood I think will be more a next generation map as I can't get whats in my head into GE at the moment and has become frustrating as I really want to step the map up 2 levels in terms of detailing and the changes that I have in mind.
    I will be continuing to work on this but my spare time has become rather sparse due to having more operational responsibilities at work and home life just crazy at the moment.

If it is ready beforehand I will release but I will not be doing any updates unless I feel nearer the time that it's worth ringing it's bell.

dj, Dirtracer00 and mereman like this.
  17. mereman

mereman Active Member PC-SG.uk Staff

The best is always worth the wait mate;)

Dirtracer00 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.