1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS17 Mod Support SOB Seasons Display V1.2

Displays The Seasons On Screen

1. Disco

Disco Media Staff Staff Member Media Staff SOB Modding

Disco submitted a new download:

SOB Seasons Display - Displays The Seasons On Screen

Read more about this download...

Dafydd likes this.
  2. mereman

mereman Active Member PC-SG.uk Staff

Just been playing with it mate and it's a great help to my almost realistic play.

3. GrizzlyBearSims

GrizzlyBearSims New Member PC-SG.uk Staff

will this mod reflect accurately if you are using growth manager set a 4.0 for one growth stage per day?

4. Enzosnext

Enzosnext Administrator Staff Member SOB Modding

As the mod says in the description, it is purely there to add some realism to the game, it will not override anything or show anything else at present.
    How you wish to setup the growth manager is down to your settings as some prefer it to be set faster, so I would use a bit of trial and error and if you do find a setting that works for you then please reply back with any settings you find that work.

5. Disco

nope, i dont think it will mate. I had it set to nine days back in fs15 to work with soilmod which had one growth stage per day. Im going to do a monday modding video on how to tweak it, ill add the video link to the mod description here once it released.

For now, open the seasons.lua and replace the draw function (line 25 to line 57) with this to give you a 9 day year:

Code:
    function Seasons:draw()
        if self.showSeasons then
            if g_currentMission.showHudEnv and g_currentMission.renderTime then
                local season = math.mod(g_currentMission.environment.currentDay, 9);

local JobActive = false;
                if g_currentMission.fieldJobManager.currentFieldJob ~= nil then
                    JobActive = g_currentMission.fieldJobManager:isFieldJobActive()
                end

setTextColor(1,1,1,1);
                setTextAlignment(RenderText.ALIGN_CENTER);

if not JobActive then
                    if season == 1 then
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("EARLY SPRING").." ");      
                    elseif season == 2 then
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("MID SPRING").." ");          
                    elseif season == 3 then
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("LATE SPRING").." ");      
                    elseif season == 4 then                                                                                            
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("EARLY SUMMER").." ");      
                    elseif season == 5 then                                                                                              
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("MID SUMMER").." ");          
                    elseif season == 6 then                                                                                              
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("LATE SUMMER").." ");          
                    elseif season == 7 then                                                                                            
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("EARLY AUTUMN").." ");      
                    elseif season == 8 then                                                                                            
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("LATE AUTUMN").." ");          
                    elseif season == 0 then                                                                                            
                        renderText(g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.x + self.x, g_currentMission.timeIconOverlay.y + (self.h*2), self.h, tostring("WINTER").." ");          
                    end;
                end;
            end;
        end;
    end;

6. GrizzlyBearSims

GrizzlyBearSims New Member PC-SG.uk Staff

Thank you Disco. I'll give this a try. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Disco likes this.
  7. Disco

Ill have to gather some outside assistance for this one i think.....

edit: its because i had the display set to align_center, seems to effect the chat aswell
    edit: V1.1 fixes the issue, if you have an edited verison already, add:

Code:
    setTextAlignment(RenderText.ALIGN_LEFT);
    above the third 'end;' from the bottom

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  8. Disco

9. JimmytheGeek

JimmytheGeek New Member

A bit late to the party, but this is a really useful mod and a great idea! Thank you!

10. Bungal341

Bungal341 New Member

Really good mod guys cheers

11. Disco

Carl likes this.
  12. Ben Exley

Ben Exley New Member

Can t wait to have a go on game tomorrow with this will be more realistic

Disco likes this.
  13. pADDO

pADDO New Member

Very cool mod.. I love this

Thanks

Disco likes this.
  14. aklein

aklein New Member

i want to start to use this in a series I am doing. I havent installed it yet, maybe I shoudl before I ask the question.

Anyway what season does this start at if your starting a map. If it starts in early spring can you edit it in some way to cause it to start in early fall? i ask because the map I am using has several fields and all of them are either in the last growth stage or ready to harvest right away. it would be odd for those fields to be ready to harvest in early spring.

15. aklein

aklein New Member

Now that I fired up the mod it does seem to start in early spring. is there a way to make it start day 1 as early fall see my above post for reasoning.

16. Disco

it reads the <currentDay> value set by the game, try changing that in the careerSaveGame.xml, mine was at line 117, change it to 5 and see how that works dude

Farmer26 and Toranion like this.
  17. aklein

aklein New Member

Thanks that worked. Day 5 is late summer but it will work for my needs. A little curious what will happen at midnight since I skipped 4 days. I also have the bank of hagenstat and have a 4+ million loan so a little worried it might get hit with some huge interest fees in the first night. If so oh well i can fix that with a simple edit also.

18. aklein

aklein New Member

to update the bank mod did not seem to care that I skipped 4 game days. I am now in day 6 which is autumn. I can use this to pretend I am in a given season. now time to get all the fields harvested before winter and to see if I cant get a layer of fertilization down on them before winter hits.

19. Disco

good stuff, have fun dude :)